WE RECYCLE!

If you have any one or two gallon black nursery planters from plant purchases last year feel free to drop them by. You can leave them by the nursery fence.

I will be creating a drop station this year.

This is a great way to help us keep prices low, and also to reduce what is going into our landfills.

Welcome to the Finch Family Water Garden blog!

Finch Family Water Garden 772 Gold Fish Farm Rd.S.E. * Albany Oregon 97322 (541) 926-9737

Open Seasonally.



Closed for the Season, Watch for our opening in Spring of 2013.







Saturday, March 12, 2011

It has been a busy couple weekends at the nursery. Last weekend following the snow I spent my time doing some much needed cleaning following a mild but always rough winter. I trimmed up plants, cleaned almost all of the ponds that house the plants in the selling area as well as the ponds that hold the fish. I cleaned off the slab and made the nursery workable once again. I also gathered many supplies that are needed to make Finch Family Water Garden come to life such as soil and pea gravel. As excited as I was to start planting it was obvious the snow and 20 degree temperatures had set things back.

Finally this weekend it was time to begin planting. I planted many of your favorites and am anxiously waiting for others to spring to life, tomorrow I will be planting more, such as Water Forget-Me-Nots, Marsh Marigolds, and other shade and cool loving plants.

I am still undecided about when opening day will be. But I don't want to bring the hyacinths and lettuce in too early, and while we have seen a few days of sun, it has still been very dark and cloudy. I hope to give you a stronger opening date after next weekend.

I know you are all anxious to bring your ponds to life, there has been a noted
amount of calls on the caller id, especially on sunny days. However the temperatures are still cool at night. Pond plants grown naturally are dependant on the water temperatures. I don't force the plants to life which gives you a quality product I have built the nursery name on.

Your fish may show signs of activity on a sunny day, but please wait for the weather to warm up before you start to feed them. I suggest not feeding them when the water is below 50 degrees and I actually wait until the water consistently stays at or above 55 degrees, They will be fine, they can help you clean the pond by eating algae which is easy for them to digest before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family blog, please respect others comments. Comments that are not appropriate will not be tolerated or allowed~~James